We are tiny complex humans in a huge complex universe. This means that we will never be able to understand everything. And that applies to all levels and areas of life. Once you grasp this rule you’ll be happier.
There are likely to be a few things going on around you right now, as there will always be, that will remain just slightly outside of your comprehension. People will behave oddly and you won’t understand why. Things will go unexpectedly wrong or right and it won’t make sense. Spend all your time desperately trying to work it all out and you’ll drive yourself crazy.
In the 21st Century, we are able to collect information faster due to advancement in technology. You can’t understand it all. We can’t even begin to understand a tiny fraction of it. Same with our lives. Stuff is going on around us at such a fast rate we’ll never get to the bottom of it all. Because as fast as we try, new information comes in and our understanding is altered.
- Be curious about things that are happening around you.
- Ask questions and seek clarification.
- Wonder to yourself.
- Talk to others, especially those who are knowledgeable.
- Read widely.
- Travel as much as you can.
However, know that the above suggestions won’t always give you a clear and concrete answer. People don’t always make sense. Life doesn’t always make sense. Let it go and discover the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you’ll never be able to understand everything. Sometimes it just is!
Most of the experiences we can’t possibly understand without experiencing them ourselves. We can imagine how we might feel, but we actually can’t know. We mostly entirely know what we have experienced firsthand.
Experiences that happen to us that are unlike what we imagine (d)
- True failure. It’s one thing not to win. And it’s another to give it your all and still fail. True failure isn’t losing. It is losing when there’s nothing in the world you want more than to win. When you really put in that effort and realize you just aren’t good enough, that’s true failure. You won’t understand it until you experience it. It is important to experience a major failure at one point in your life. It helps you to get rid of the fear of failure.
- True love. Just about every human being on this earth has done his or her best to put love into words. You have probably tried to portray it accurately enough for an individual who has never experienced the phenomenon. Most times, you have tried to understand it. For the most part, you have failed. Love is a little different for each person. It’s an intensity that can only truly be understood through experience. So get over your past, go out there and love somebody with all your might!
3. Losing a loved one. Life is incredibly short. Days, weeks, months, years, fly by at the blink of an eye. When the time comes for a loved one to pass on, the experience is significant. While our emotional responses may vary, coming to understand how fragile life is, is always accompanied by a bit of a shock.
4. Being in a situation you can’t escape. Whether psychologically or physically abused, the experience is one you can truly only understand firsthand. We can all imagine how it feels to be in a such a situation, but understanding the sort of reality that such an environment allows for is only possible through experience.
5. True heartbreak. Just as magical and beautiful love is, heartbreak is the complete opposite. Having your heart broken is something you can’t understand until you experience it. You also can’t forget once you have. Sometimes it is advisable to experience it at least once in a lifetime.
6. Finding your passion. The focus. The hunger. The drive. It’s easy to understand the feelings associated with finding your passion in life, but you can’t possibly understand how those feelings make you feel without feeling them yourself. How about you take the plunge now and start the journey towards finding your passion?
7. Not fitting in. Some of us are social. Others just aren’t. Some of us are introverted, loners. Others aren’t introverted at all but can’t just find people to be friends with. Not finding a place in the world where you feel like you belong is a unique and depressing experience. What you can’t afford to do if you are in this situation is to give up! There is always somebody out there for you!
8. Not having real friends. To be fair, there are plenty of us who don’t have any real friends. Some of us simply don’t know that we don’t have real friends. Sometimes, you are willing to admit it. Either way, the loneliness that comes when the only thing you need is a true friend and you don’t have one, is definitely eye-opening.
9. Living a life you love. We often crave for a certain type of life. You have often thought of the kind of life you want to live. It may be that you want to travel the world, have a loving family, and write a book. Anything. Living a life you don’t love for too long makes even the thought of living the life you love feel impossible. Your expectations get lowered and sometimes you end up settling for less than you deserve.
10. What comes after death If we had the chance to know the answer to one question- I ’m pretty sure 99 per cent of the people on the planet will want to know what comes after death. Then again…out of those people, more than half wouldn’t have the guts to ask. What comes next after death is life’s greatest mystery. But don’t go and rush to the end. You’ll get there regardless of whether or not you’re trying. Dying is the easier part. Try living a full and blossoming life. Thrive!
Do you have other life occurrences or experiences you haven’t been able to wrap your head around? Tell us in the comment section and we’ll try our best to help